PID Controller

Since the last post, I have added a PID Controller to the quadcopter in the hope of stabilizing the oscillations experienced from my last test. I have also notice that the application causes a considerable amount of CPU load which intern has an adverse effect on flight and data communication. For this reason I have spent some time optimizing code and […]

Read More

Lincoln Uni CanJam

So the other week, There was the University of Lincoln Computing Society’s CanJam, I was helpingĀ organizeĀ the event and was asked to pose for some pictures. I ended up in the Lincolnshire Echo. Overall the day was great, There were many really cool games that were developed by students who presented their games to a panel […]

Read More

Flight Test With Ultrasonic Sensor

Unfortunately the replacement Ardunuo board took longer than expected to arrive which delayed getting the ultrasonic sensor working considerably. Once assembled the sensor worked very well, however it was observed that when it is powered from the 5v out from the PI the values unusable, this is likely because the PI did not have enough […]

Read More

Progress Update

The main focus has been on getting all the individual components working together, It was decided quite early on that because the Barometer is not accurate to the ground that it would be hard to use to keep the quadcopter at a specific height during autonomously flight. To this end I’m using an Ultrasonic sensor […]

Read More

Quadcopter Lives again!

As I mentioned in the previous post, The quadcopter had an issue where some of the ESC’s caught fire, This is likely to poor manufacturing. This week I rebuilt the quadcopter using 4 brand new Lulin 30 amp ESC’s and a F450 frame. I used a commercial fame instead of 3d printed one because of structural weaknesses in the printed frame design. However I am […]

Read More

Serial Communication Success

I have finally managed to get serial communication between the MultiWii board and the Raspberry PI working through use of a level shiftier  Admittedly this did took a few attempts likely due to back connections when soldering. This also involved disabling the serial console on the Raspberry PI so I could take over the UART on […]

Read More